The fourth Design Technology Summit will be held at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter on 18-20 February 2015. The focus of this winter’s summit will be on small group discussion sessions which will select areas of focus for the small groups. The small groups will then discuss the areas of focus, determine possible solutions, present to the group at large and prepare for the development of a deliverable to help convey the group’s conclusions. As materials are delivered we make them available via our repository of ideas, solutions and best practices on the Summit’s website.
The Winter Design Technology Summit (DTS) is being held across three days – kicking off Wednesday afternoon and finishing mid-afternoon on Friday. DTS brings together professionals from large firms in the building Architecture and Engineering (AE) design industry who have a responsibility for managing and implementing design technology. DTS is a forum, a venue to discuss ideas - to share, to challenge, and to refine our thinking. The design world is a constantly evolving landscape driven by the adoption of BIM tools, availability of increased computing power, the ubiquity of mobile solutions and “always on” data access. These new paradigms challenge the traditional operations of AE firms and have resulted in a new domain of expertise at the intersection of technology and practice.
Day 1 Kick-off (Wed, late PM)
• Opening & Small Group Agenda/Goal Setting Session
• Drinks & Networking
Day 2 (Thurs)
• Full Session Breakfast to Dinner
• Small group meetings during the day
• End of day Group recap
• Break (e-mail catch-up, phone calls etc.)
Day 3 (Fri)
• Small Group Recap for large group
• Small Group Wrap-up
DTS is the environment for those professionals, in the interest of sharing, to workshop together, to learn from each other and to be informed about new and emerging technology. DTS is intended to grow and evolve over time, and will strive to provide a consistent and accessible venue for architects, engineers, and related AEC industry professionals to address technology, business, and the critical juncture between. The goal of the summit is to arrive at an agnostic solution to strategic changes in our technology and business strategy that allows design firms to remain relevant and successful in the 21st century.
Attendance at DTS is by invitation only and limited to 40 registrants. We feel that his number will better foster an atmosphere of active and meaningful discussions between everyone.
• If you received an invitation, we are hopeful that you are able to join your fellow invitees.
• If you have questions feel free to contact [email protected]
• If you think you belong at this event, but did not receive an invitation, please email [email protected] to sign-up for future follow-up and communication (Please include your name, e-mail, title, company, company size, address (optional), company website and a brief response on “why you belong at DTS”?).